Really, the more I think about Inkwell the place, the more I come to the conclusion that the best method of describing it is in narrative. Unfortunately, I am out of shape in the writing world and will need to develop that ability again through writing. So, here it goes:
Imagine yourself racing through the dungeons of a 15th century castle, or labyrinth which weaves under a 19th century museum. You are passing doors and passages, many you have seen before, but do not recognize. You never counted them, or found out what they all stored behind them. They were just there, just a permanent fixture of confusing and mixed up maze.
But the doors and passages are not your concern at this moment. You are in hot pursuit of the villain who has plagued your family for as long as you can remember. You want him dead. Or at least destroyed to the point he will never harm your family again.
You are close on his heels as he tries desperately to loss you in the maze. But his efforts continuously were thwarted by your superior power and speed. Once you have the worm in your hands, finishing him will not be hard. He had henchmen do his dirty work, and now he has no one to rescue him.
Bursting through a door, the villain finally stopped his flight. Scurrying over to a podium inside the room, he started franticly writing into a book.
"Ha!" he cried, with a look of victory on his face, "you are no long a problem to me."
But the look was short lived. You move menacingly towards him, ready to complete your work. He continues scribbling frantically in the book. His look of triumph fades into utter horror as you move closer.
"Why are you not vanishing?" he shrieked.
You prepare to strike the bane of your life down, when a hand stays you. A man, whom you had not seen before is there, holding you by the shoulder.
"There is no killing in Inkwell," he said, in a calm, low voice.
You step back in bewilderment.
"But he must pay for his crimes," you stutter in your anger.
"But he will," replied the man, "he has broken the Laws of Inkwell, and must needs pay for it. But we do not kill them here, as that would break the Laws of Inkwell."
"Why can't I erase he," stammered the villain, feverishly working on the book, not having seen the man.
"While a person is in your world, you can do what you want to them," answered the man, "but once they leave your world and enter Inkwell, they are no longer under your control."
The villain looked up. The fear in his eyes expanded a hundredfold when he saw the man.
"I...I...I..."
"We know what you have done. You have broken the laws..."
"What laws have I broken?!?" demanded the villain.
No comments:
Post a Comment